Homophones (समान ध्वनि वाले शब्द)
-: Homophones (एक समान ध्वनि वाले शब्द) :-
1. Access (पहुंच) : Ravi has an access to the D. M.
Excess (अधिकता) : Excess of everything is bad.
2. Affect (प्रभाव डालना) : The heavy rains will affect the crops.
Effect (प्रभाव) : No advice produces any effect on him.
3. Adapt (अनुकूल बनाना) : We should adapt ourselves to the changing conditions.
Adept (चतुर) : He is adept in drawing.
4. Altar (वेदी) : Bhagat Singh sacrificed his life at the altar of motherland.
Alter (बदलना) : You should alter your way of speaking.
5. Berth (रेलगाड़ी या जहाज में सोने का स्थान) : He reserved a first class berth in the Punjab Mail.
Birth (जन्म) : What is your date of birth?
6. Bale (गांठ) : He received two bales of cotton.
Bail (जमानत) : He was released on bail.
7. Canvas (किरमिच) : These shoes are made of canvas.
Canvass (वोट मांगना) : He is canvassing for the Congress candidate.
8. Carrier (माल ढोनेे वाला) : We use a carrier in our bicycles to carry our luggage.
Career (जीवन) : We should study deeply for a good career.
9. Council (परिषद) : My brother is a member of a council.
Counsel (सलाह) : He gave me good counsel.
10. Check (रोकना) : He could not check his friend from smoking.
Cheque (बैंक का चेक) : Please give me a cheque of six hundred rupees.
11. Confidant (विश्वासपात्र) : Nehru was a confidant of Gandhiji.
Confident (विश्वस्त) : He is confident of his success.
12. Defy (चुनौती देना) : I will defy your order in the court.
Deify (देवता समान बनाना) : We deify our great men and worship them.
13. Eligible (चुना जाने योग्य) : He is eligible for the post.
Illegible (अपठनीय) : His writing is illegible.
14. Gate (फाटक) : Open the gate before you enter.
Gait (चाल) : She was moving towards the stage with a fine gait.
15. Hoard (जमा करना) : He hoards a lot of money.
Horde (झुंड) : Hordes of invaders came to India.
16. Human (मानव) : We should be kind to all human beings.
Humane (दयालु) : He is humane towards his servant.
17. Jealous (ईष्यालु) : He is jealous of my progress.
Zealous (उत्साही) : The zealous workers finished their work in no time.
18. Lose (खोना) : We should not lose this chance.
Loose (ढीला) : In summer one should wear loose clothes.
19. Pray (प्रार्थना करना) : We must pray to God.
Prey (शिकार) : He fell a prey to cholera.
20. Soar (उड़ना) : The bird is soaring high.
Sour (खट्टा) : These grapes are sour.
21. Stationary (स्थिर) : The sun is stationary.
Stationery (लेखन सामग्री) : He deals in stationery.
22. Soul (आत्मा) : Soul is immortal.
Sole (जूते का तला) : He got the sole of his shoe repaired.
23. Story (कहानी) : She told me a story.
Storey (मंजिल) : His office is in the second storey.
24. Urban (शहरी) : It is an urban area.
Urbane (सभ्य) : He is urbane in his manners.
25. Amiable (मधुर) : She has amiable nature.
Amicable (मैत्रीपूर्ण) : India and Pakistan should settle their differences in an amicable way.
26. Casual (आकस्मिक) : He has applied for casual leave.
Causal (कारण संबंधी) : There is casual relation between food and health.
27. Cite (उदाहरण देना) : Can you cite a few lines from Wordsworth.
Site (स्थान) : This site is suitable for my new office.
28. Considerable (काफी) : I have spent a considerable amount of money upon marriage clothes.
Considerate (विचारवान) : The new officer is a considerate man.
29. Childish (मूर्खतापूर्ण) : Although he is grown up, his habits are childish.
Child-like (भोला भाला) : His child-like simplicity pleases everyone.
30. Draught (घूँट) : He drank all the water in one draught.
Drought (सूखा) : Drought destroyed the crops last year.
31. Dual (दोहरा) : We should not adopt dual policy.
Duel (द्वंद्व युद्ध) : Sohrab was killed in a duel.
32. Deference (आदर) : The young suit suit difference for the elders.
Difference (अंतर) : There is a great difference in the nature of two brothers.
33. Industrial (औद्योगिक) : Kanpur is an industrial city.
Industrious (परिश्रमी) : Suresh is an industrious boy.
34. Temporary (अस्थायी) : He was given a temporary appointment for 6 months.
Temporal (सांसारिक) : A king has only temporal authority.
-: One Question for You :-
35. Incite :