Transformation of Sentences – Adverb ‘too’
-: Exercise :-
Rewrite the following sentences removing the Adverb too :
1. I am too busy to attend the marriage ceremony.
Ans. I am so busy that I can not attend the marriage ceremony.
2. The passage is too difficult for me to understand.
Ans. The passage is so difficult that I can not understand.
3. It is never too late to learn.
Ans. It is never so late that one can not learn. Or It is never so late that it can not be learnt.
4. She is too eager for her result.
Ans. She is over eager for her result.
5. He is too proud of his knowledge.
Ans. He is extremely proud of his knowledge.
6. She is too young to travel alone.
Ans. She is so young that she can not travel alone.
7. Mohan is too strong for me to be defeated.
Ans. Mohan is so strong that I can not defeat him.
8. He is too good to be a successful businessman.
Ans. He is so good that he can not be a successful businessman.
9. He was too tired to work.
Ans. He was so tired that he could not work.
10. He speaks too fast to be understood.
Ans. He speaks so fast that it can not be understood. Or He speaks so fast that he can not be understood.
11. The box is too heavy for me to left.
Ans. The box is so heavy that I can not left it.
12. He is too old to work hard.
Ans. He is so old that he can not work hard.
13. He is too old to run the race.
Ans. He is so old that he can not run the race.
14. The tree is too high for me to climb.
Ans. The tree is so high that I can not climb.
15. She is too proud to apologize.
Ans. She is so proud that she can not apologize.
16. He is too proud to accept any help.
Ans. He is so proud that he can not accept any help.
17. The problem of population is too serious to be overlooked.
Ans. The problem of population is so serious that it can not be overlooked.
18. He was too frightened to speak.
Ans. He was so frightened that he could not speak.
19. The news is too good to be true.
Ans. The news is so good that it can not be true.
20. The tea is too hot for me to drink.
Ans. The tea is so hot that I can not drink it.
21. It is too cold to go out.
Ans. It is so cold that one can not go out.
22. He is too eager for praise.
Ans. He is over eager for praise.
23. The knife is too blunt to sharpen the pencil with.
Ans. The knife is so blunt that it can not sharpen the pencil with.
24. He is too ill to do anything.
Ans. He is so ill that he can not do anything.
25. He is too kind hearted to be a successful administrator.
Ans. He is so kind hearted that he can not be a successful administrator.
26. He is too expert to be defeated in the race.
Ans. He is so expert that he can not be defeated in the race.
27. The shoe is too big for my foot.
Ans. The shoe is extremely big for my foot.
28. These apples are too cheap to be good.
Ans. These apples are so cheap that these can not be good.
29. They are too proud to attend your feast.
Ans. They are so proud that they can not attend your feast.
30. The weather is too hot to go out.
Ans. The weather is so hot that one can not go out.
-: One Question for You :-
Qu. The case was too urgent to be postponed.