Combine each sets of the Simple Sentences into one Simple Sentence by using a Participle :
1. The tiger was hungry. He killed a goat.
Combined – Being hungry, the tiger killed a goat.
2. He has failed. He heard the news. He fainted.
Combined – Hearing the news of his failure, he fainted.
3. The people saw the flames. They ran towards the burning house.
Combined – Seeing the flames, the people ran towards the burning house.
4. He finished his work. He went home.
Combined – Having finished his work, he went home.
5. I was hungry. I took my food.
Combined – Being hungry, I took my food.
6. I saw a man. He was blind. He was carrying a lamp in his hand.
Combined – I saw a blind man carrying a lamp in his hand.
7. Mahesh Bhupati was defeated by Leander Paes. He was much disappointed.
Combined – Having been defeated by Leander Paes, Mahesh Bhupati was much disappointed.
8. I saw a man. He was smoking a cigarette.
Combined – I saw a man smoking a cigarette.
9. She went to garden. She plucked flowers.
Combined – Having gone to garden, she plucked flowers.
Going to garden, she plucked flowers.
10. I saw a ball. I picked it up.
Combined – Seeing a ball, I picked it up.
11. The servant swept the room. He went away.
Combined – Having swept the room, the servant went away.
12. He came to me. He gave me this letter.
Combined – Coming to me, he gave me this letter.
13. The poor man worked. He laughed. He thus spent his life.
Combined – Working and laughing, the poor man spent his life.
14. I was walking in the field. I saw a snake. I ran away.
Combined – Walking in the field and seeing a snake, I ran away.
Seeing a snake during the walk in the field, I ran away.
15. The child lost his pen. He began to weep.
Combined – Losing his pen, the child began to weep.
16. He was disguised as a saint. He escaped to Nepal.
Combined – Having been disguised as a saint, he escaped to Nepal.
17. Turn to the right. You will then find the house.
Combined – Turning to the right, you will find the house.
18. The magician took pity on the mouse. He turned it into a cat.
Combined – Taking pity on the mouse, the magician turned it into a cat.
19. She was tired of reading. She lay down in bed .
Combined – Being tired of reading, she lay down in bed.
20. He jumped up. He ran away.
Combined – Jumping up, he ran away.
21. Brijesh lost his book. He searched for it.
Combined – Losing his book, Brijesh searched for it.
Brijesh searched for his lost book.
22. He raised his gun. He took aim. He shot the tiger.
Combined – Raising his gun and taking aim, he shot the tiger.
23. He drew his sword. He attacked his enemy.
Combined – Drawing his sword, he attacked his enemy.
24. Sheela witnessed the show. She witnessed three dolls. The dolls were talking in a strange language.
Combined – Sheela witnessed the show of three dolls talking in a strange language.
25. A funny fox saw some grapes. They were hanging from a vine.
Combined – A funny fox saw some grapes hanging from a vine.
26. He could not eat hard food. He was very old. He had lost his teeth.
Combined – Being very old and having lost his teeth, he could not eat hard food.
27. I have told you the facts. I have nothing more to say. I will sit down.
Combined – Having told you the fact and having nothing more to say, I will sit down.
28. I was returning home. I saw a man. He looked very ill. He was lying by the roadside .
Combined – Returning home, I saw a man looking very ill and lying by the roadside.